Vincent Legoll writes: > Hello, > > On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 10:57 PM Christopher Baines wrote: >> In terms of getting more packages building, and substitute availability, >> personally I think it would be useful to disable tests for packages for >> i586-gnu if that gets packages building. It's not ideal to not run the >> tests, but it's also difficult to investigate the failures and develop >> patches if you don't have substitutes for the software you need to do >> that (like Git for example). > > Is disabling tests for a whole platform possible without patching all the > build recipes ? Probably, although I still think it's worth considering every package on a case by case basis, and looking at fixing the tests. I just think it will be more effective to disable tests for some packages, so that it becomes easier to debug things and work on the Hurd in general. >> often I'll be unable to SSH in > > Couldn't you get a console from a virtual serial port from the VM ? Maybe, I also want to look at getting the serial port output logged to a file (if that's even possible).