Domagoj Stolfa 写道: > Why can substitutes not be offered for ZFS as a standalone > module? I'm not a > lawyer nor do I understand much lawyerese, but AIUI, the problem > stems from > the FSF lawyers thinking it wouldn't stand up in court to > distribute CDDL > software linked against GPL'd software as one big binary. Could > someone please > explain why it would not be acceptable to distribute substitutes > of ZFS as a > *standalone kernel module*, rather than as a part of > linux-libre? The question assumes there's such a thing as a *standalone [Linux] kernel module*. This is not a given, and according to all lawyers the FSF has talked to, a fiction. Or so the FSF states in the last paragraph of the ‘What Constitutes the Entire Work?’ section of . (Sorry for the link! I couldn't resist ;-) My understanding was (and still is) that this is specific to CDDL+GPL only, not CDDL+LGPL, so distributing a dynamically linked libvirt with ZFS support is allowed. Kind regards, T G-R