Rene writes: > Hi, > > I use Qemu as follows: > sudo qemu-system-i386 -enable-kvm -m 1G -hda hurd-barebones.qcow2 -device rtl8139,netdev=net0 -netdev user,id=net0,hostfwd=tcp:127.0.0.1:10022-:2222 > > Additional, > - Hurd supports the drivers: rtl8139 and e1000 [1]. > - Not sure if Hurd in Qemu supports ping protocol. > > > I hope it helps you. > > [1]https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/faq/drivers.html > > Rene > Thanks, network is working. Hurd supports ping in QEMU on Debian GNU/Hurd 2019, I don't think there is any non-free blobs in the QEMU images available on Debian servers. However, herd still stops working after the first restart and says: error: connect: /var/run/shepherd/socket: Connection refused Is it the case for you too? -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5 Get it with: gpg --recv-keys 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5 See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ to learn more and protect your emails and yourself from surveillance. Please send me encrypted messages whenever possible. Never send me Microsoft Office attachments, they use secret proprietary format so I'll fail to read and trash them; send them in plain text if possible or in formats like ODF and PDF if your document contains images or videos. See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html to learn more. Please don't send HTML emails, use plain text. HTML emails are usually vulnerable, about thousand times larger than plain text and look ugly to me. They contain may trackers, so whenever someone opens a messsage he is tracked by third-party. See http://www.asciiribbon.org to learn more. () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments