On 2023-03-10 19:14, Simon Tournier wrote: > Hi, > > On Fri, 10 Mar 2023 at 17:59, John Kehayias > wrote: > >> During this discussion some changes were made to this inheritance structure in >> >> >> >> and >> >> > > Thanks for pointing that. From my understanding, it does not change > what Cayetanos is raising: emacs-next-tree-sitter is built using > '--with-pgtk'. In fact, the package emacs-next-tree-sitter is built > using the master branch (Emacs 30 unbranched yet) with tree-sitter > *and* pgtk support. Hi everyone! Also, CCed Liliana. Will share my motivation behind this desicion below: After a separation of emacs-next-tree-sitter https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=420cf2bf2a I heard a few complains from wayland users that now they have to choose between pgtk emacs or tree-sitter emacs (which runs only under xwayland and is very blurry) and because I didn't faced any issues with pgtk on X, I think it's more inclusive to inherit tree-sitter from pgtk. The other option is to have two tree-sitter versions, but I suspect this way we will get a combinatorical explosion soon :) Have a nice weekend, everyone! -- Best regards, Andrew Tropin