On 2023-08-29, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: > On 2023-07-27, Juliana Sims wrote: >> These patches create specialized U-Boot and OpenSBI packages to use with RVVM by >> applying RVVM's author's patches to those projects. Additionally, they build >> this patched version of U-Boot into OpenSBI's `fw_payload.bin`, mimicking the >> binary release from RVVM. ... >> It's worth noting that opensbi-generic works fine with RVVM. However, it does >> not provide `fw_payload.bin` - only `fw_jump.bin` - so this version provides >> more flexibility. That said, opensbi-rvvm is 5.3 MB compared to >> opensbi-generic's 1.3 MB. Because of that, I'm ambivalent about adding it. I >> leave the decision on whether or not to include it entirely up to others; >> there's no sense in throwing away work I already did if it may be useful. > > If it requires patches, I am a bit concerned about long-term > maintenence... If it does not require patches, that does not seem like a > huge increase, or an alternate build that also ships the fw_payload.bin > file. Thinking a little more, from what I recall, the whole point of fw_jump.bin is so that you can dynamically specify the payload at runtime ... why do we need a separate fw_payload.bin created at build-time, if you can just pass a (potentially custom) payload at runtime? It has been a while since I have used these components for virtual riscv systems, so my memory may be a little rusty or recent usage may have changed... :) live well, vagrant