all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* The new patch method and mit-krb5
@ 2013-10-29 23:59 Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2013-10-29 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello all,

A patch is needed to allow mit-krb5 to build on MIPS N32.  However, the
new method, where 'patches' is part of 'origin', does not work for
mit-krb5.

mit-krb5 is distributed in a strange way.  It's distributed as a tar
file that contains two files: a .tar.gz file with the actual source
code, and a signature for that .tar.gz file.  The mit-krb5 recipe copes
with this by using a custom 'unpack' phase.

My working patch is now on the 'loongson' branch:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=loongson&id=db956e3aff4ea5d39fb45a5a1079f8b24a592c29

Can someone help me convert this to use the new patch method?
We'll need a solution before the old patch method goes away.

     Thanks,
       Mark