Hi Guix, I'm currently attempting to package GNU Solfege, a Python application using PyGTK which uses the gnu-build-system. Attached is the current state of my changes. I need to wrap the executable /bin/solfege to make sure that the PYTHONPATH is set such that pygtk, pygobject, pycairo and so on can be found. Unfortunately, even with the wrapper solfege fails because it cannot find pygtk: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/gnu/store/mq8zh2ajimn91hsxkrvf2a5pyi0v6gjs-solfege-3.22.2/bin/.solfege-real", line 55, in from solfege import presetup File "/gnu/store/mq8zh2ajimn91hsxkrvf2a5pyi0v6gjs-solfege-3.22.2/share/solfege/solfege/presetup.py", line 22, in import gtk ImportError: No module named gtk With strace I see that python attempts to load the gtk module from all the places specified in the PYTHONPATH (and a few more), but it does not actually enter the "gtk-2.0" subdirectory declared by the pygtk.pth file. When I explicitly add /gnu/store/...-pygtk../lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0 to PYTHONPATH the application progresses a little further and then fails to load "gio", which is also located in a "gtk-2.0" subdirectory rather than the root of a "site-packages" directory. pygtk and pygobject both come with .pth files that instruct Python to check out the "gtk-2.0" subdirectory, yet these files are seemingly ignored as (according to strace) Python makes no attempt to look inside the declared subdirectories when Solfege starts up. I would be glad for any insights you might be able to share. ~~ Ricardo