Hi Guix, attached are three patches that show the current status of my work to bring ibus-pinyin to Guix. Unfortunately, it’s not working for me, i.e. I can start ‘ibus-setup’ and add Chinese Pinyin or Chinese Bopomofo to the enabled input methods, but no matter what I do: my selection of input methods (cycling between methods is done with Super+Space by default) has no effect on what I type. To test this yourself I recommend deleting the following dirs: ~/.config/ibus ~/.cache/ibus (Just in case.) You probably also need to set IBUS_COMPONENT_PATH as suggested by the ‘ibus’ package. I also needed to run the dconf service, which can be started by running ‘$dconf/libexec/dconf-service’. Without this service the ‘ibus-setup’ changes have no effect. I played around with generating a GTK_IM_MODULES_FILE using ‘gtk-query-immodules-3.0’, but since I don’t know how to debug ibus-pinyin, I didn’t continue to investigate there. ‘$out/libexec/ibus-setup-pinyin’ cannot be executed at all. If someone could give me a hint how to debug this, I’d be very grateful. It all seems like magic to me, as I cannot see at what point the translation from pinyin input to output characters fails. ~~ Ricardo