Ludovic Courtès writes: > How does the script determines its location? Using $0 is unreliable, > and using /proc/self/exe is non portable. It uses node.js's __dirname. I would have to dive into node.js internals to figure that out... I would think it does /proc/self/exe and has fallbacks for other platforms? >> diff --git a/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm b/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm >> index 2abaa6e..34edff7 100644 > This is exactly what the previous patch does (applied as c13a9feb.) > > Am I missing something? Ah sorry.. Yes sent you the same patch, second patch attached now. > Anyway, it seems clear enough that the effect of this one-liner is to > prevent symlinks from being patched. :-) Yes so I thought too, until I stumbled into this. Then I saw that the first patch only considers what files to run scandir on ... any of those files can be symlinks and those are caught here. Greetings, Jan