Efraim Flashner writes: > On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 09:10:42PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote: >> Since we're on the topic, I would like to switch to GCC 6 or 7 soon... >> Are we agile enough to use the very latest GCC by default yet? :-) > > That would be nice to at least move to GCC 6. My aarch64 board is > currently idle, I can see how well it works on my machine. The main issue with GCC 6 is that we need to port the SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH patches again. But we might want to do that even if switching to 7.