Konrad Hinsen writes: >> Unfortunately, we can't use sources from MELPA. The problem is: when a >> repository get a new commit, the old tarball is *REPLACED* with the new >> one on MELPA, so the package could never be built anymore, since the >> source disappeared. That's why we use tarballs directly from source. > > Are you sure this also applies to *stable* MELPA? I'm not sure about *stable* MELPA. I see more package pulled from MELPA stable in ‘emacs.scm’ and think we could stick to MELPA stable here. Then, change URL to *https*, please. Oleg.