Dear Guix, I have an interesting situation where the guix-daemon cannot see all directories that (may) contain Guix profiles, and therefore is not able to judge whether a GC root is gone and can be collected, or whether it's just inaccessible. To be on the safe side, I'd like to disable garbage collection on this system. To achieve this, I wrote the attached patch. Even though “it works for me”, I don't think it's good to be added as-is. At least I need to figure out how to make the error message “Garbage collection is disabled.” translatable. The patch adds a “disableGarbageCollection” boolean variable to the guix-daemon settings, and on each occasion where a store item may be deleted, it checks this option. This option can be set using “--disable-gc”. It would be great if someone could review this and discuss whether this is the right way to implement such a feature. And to point out what else would be needed to include this option in guix-daemon. Thank you for your time. Kind regards, Roel Janssen