[De-CC'ing help-guix again.] Ludo'! Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Ideally, we’d use an actual UUID object (or a string?) here > rather than > this Linux/udev-specific idiom. […] > I believe using Guile-Parted we could map it back to a /dev > name. Yah, 's one of the reasons that I haven't sent anything yet (the main one being shame, of course; car/cdr for the win & all that). > Would that work? I'd looked in Guile-parted before but came up dry. To be fair I did little more than grep around for ‘uid’ and friends. So you tell me ;-) … Hum, wait a minute. Isn't that irrelevant? Doesn't Guix itself do exactly this when mounting file systems? Sigh, silly me, I should be able to re-use that… >_< Kind regards, T G-R