Hi Sarah, >> I set up a tmpfs file system at /tmp. And, curiously, now the package >> builds successfully. No idea why this is happening, though. > > I actually just figured this out as well. You're on a rotational disk, > aren't you? Yep. > Since nncp makes heavy use of the spool file (which I think > it mocks in /tmp for testing), I think that's why your tests are taking > so long and timing out. Tests complete for me on a SSD in ~40s. (All the > error messages are red herrings; they're expected errors.) If this is > the case, it might be worth it to increase the test timeout for those > who use --no-substitutes. Indeed, that makes sense! I have now disabled the timeout. Without a tmpfs, the tests take ~47 minutes on my rotational disk, but they do complete successfully. >>>>>> Does CFGPATH need to be set? >>>>> >>>>> I have now set CFGPATH TO /etc/nncp.hjson. >>>> >>>> When I run any of the executables, I get: >>>> >>>> main.go:73: Error during initialization: stat /usr/local/etc/nncp.hjson: >>>> no such file or directory I fixed this as well. `go list` wasn't finding the correct module path, and thus the correct cfgpath variable was not being set. I'm sending a v3 of the patch. Let me know if everything looks good, and I'll push. Thanks for the comprehensive review! :-) The package looks much better now. Regards, Arun