On 2023-01-06, zimoun wrote: > On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 at 18:21, Adam Faiz wrote: > >> It's unknown whether implementing usage of distcc and enabling it in >> `guix build` will affect bit-for-bit reproducibility of packages. > > The question is how isolated the distributed computational environments > are. > >> The distcc feature request and adding distcc to guix's dependency >> closure and should be discussed further on guix-devel before implementing. > > Personally, I am missing what distcc brings compared to the current > Guix offload mechanism. Could you (distcc user) elaborate? I believe distcc would allow sending the workload of individual parts of a single package to multiple machines, so a bit finer grained than guix offload, which can only send a single package (or more accurately, derivation?) to each of the offloading machines, if I understand correctly. live well, vagrant