On 2023-05-11 14:34, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi Andrew, > > Sorry for the delay and thanks for your feedback. > > Andrew Patterson skribis: > >> It seems to me that the main options are: >> 1) Just use my patch, or >> 2) write a new patch with an actual configuration record type, >> based on conses and Taiju HAGASHI's patches, either with >> a) a single font family for the default font family settings, >> b) a list of font families for the default font families, or >> c) allowing either. > > I went with #1, but that doesn’t prevent us from considering #2 as an > improvement going forward. Conses, Andrews: you’re welcome to share > your thoughts! The implementation LGTM and probably it covers most of use cases mentioned on the related threads, however, I'm a little bit rusty on this topic and can't say it for sure :) I think Miguel (conses) have more to say on this, because AFAIR he recently did something related to fontconfig configuration. > >> If we don't want to just use my patch, I can work on a new patch >> with a configuration record. How do you print a deprecation >> warning? > > The (guix deprecation) module provides facilities for that. If that’s > too restrictive, use ‘warning’ from (guix diagnostics). > > Thanks! > > Ludo’. -- Best regards, Andrew Tropin