Hello Iku-Tulo, thank you for the report. Vilutar writes: > intelfb: Version 0.9.6 > intelfb: Cannot reserve FB region An unlikely guess: I have had problems with a black screen when using a television as a screen. However this does not sound like it. > Then I tried `nomodeset video=uvesafb` Linux parameters and the GUI > now rendered. I don't know if these work as a global workaround for > other machines, No, there have been reports that uvesafb does not work on every machine. > should they be documented in the installation > instructions? Yes, if we can give proper instructions. Perhaps the attached patch? Regards, Florian