iyzsong@member.fsf.org (宋文武) writes: >> Chris Marusich writes: >> >>> Awesome! Where you able to get this working? I've tried installing it >>> From the version you pushed, and I still can't get it to work. Even >>> when I set all the environment variables mentioned, and I install all >>> the packages (ibus, ibus-anthy, and anthy) to my profile. If you got it >>> working, I'd like to know how so I can set it up on my end, too. > > Yes, I only tested in xterm. > set the environemnt variables, run ‘ibus-daemon –-xim -v’. > then use ‘ibus-setup’ to add ‘Japanese - Anthy’. > in xterm, ‘Super+Space’ work fine. > > > For GTK+ applications, I have to generate the ‘immodules.cache’ file: > > GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE=/tmp/immodules.cache gtk-query-immodules-3.0 -–update-cache > > GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE=/tmp/immodules.cache gtk3-demo –-run search_entry > > > With the cache (it contains ibus), it will work. Thank you so much for the tips! I've finally gotten ibus-anthy working (partially)! However, I've encountered some additional problems/questions, and I hope you can provide some advice: * When I set up GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE like you've suggested, it works only for GTK3 applications. Applications using GTK2 crash due to some kind of a version incompatibility problem [1]. However, if I generate the immodules cache file with "gtk-query-immodules-2.0", then the same thing happens in reverse: GTK2 applications work with Japanese input, but GTK3 applications crash. Do you know of a way we can get it working for both GTK2 and GTK3 applications simultaneously? * When I install ibus, I notice that the next time I log in, the following environment variables are set even though they were not set before, and even though I did not add them to my $HOME/.bashrc or $HOME/.bash_profile: QT_IM_MODULE=ibus XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus IBUS_COMPONENT_PATH=/home/testuser/.guix-profile/share/ibus/component Do you know where those environment variables are coming from? Why isn't GTK_IM_MODULE set, also? (It seems that setting GTK_IM_MODULE is not necessary if GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE is set, but I do not currently understand the relationship between those two environment variables.) * If the ibus cache in $HOME/.cache/ibus exists, then installing ibus-anthy will APPEAR to have no effect. The only way I was able to get GNOME's control panel ("All Settings" > "Region & Language" > "Input Sources") or ibus-setup to recognize the "Japanese (Anthy)" input method after installing ibus-anthy was to invoke "rm -rf" on the $HOME/.cache/ibus directory and then restart ibus-daemon (e.g., by restarting the xorg-server service). To make it easier to install and use ibus-anthy, there a way we can ensure that the ibus cache is refreshed when the user installs ibus-anthy? Thank you, -- Chris