Marius: Sorry for the late reply. On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 12:27:29 +0100, Marius Bakke wrote: > Packages are not allowed to write to /var, so to run pcscd on Guix you > will have to symlink ~/.guix-profile/pcsc/drivers to > /var/lib/pcsc/drivers manually, until we have a system service for > pcscd. Can you try that? That does indeed work. Thanks. Part of this for me is being unfamiliar with how everything in Guix works, so I'm sure it'll make a lot more sense once I see what service you come up with and observe its conventions. >> Debian has the dependencies structured such that pcscd has ccid as an >> input. > > This would work, but ccid is one of potentially many drivers for pcscd, > so I'm reluctant to "hard code" it. It would not be possible to use > other drivers if usbdropdir is set to the ccid output. Okay, that sounds fine with me if there is a potential to be able to use other drivers; I'm not familiar enough with pcscd to know. Thanks for working on this! -- Mike Gerwitz Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer GPG: D6E9 B930 028A 6C38 F43B 2388 FEF6 3574 5E6F 6D05 Old: 2217 5B02 E626 BC98 D7C0 C2E5 F22B B815 8EE3 0EAB https://mikegerwitz.com