Gábor Boskovits writes: > Ok, the keep it this way. Another question, this came up, as > I was trying to find a nice solution to reset-gzip-timestamps failing. > I got different pieces of advice if I should reset the permissions after > resetting the timestamp, but I'm still not sure. It seems that the easiest > way to this would be to just add a call to make-file-writable to the phase > at the beginning, as we finally end up with a read-only one in the store > anyway. I feel that reseting the permissions is unneccesary additional > complexity. WDYT? In the "strip" phase we already call "make-file-writeable" unconditionally, so doing it in reset-gzip-permissions as well should be okay I think.