Arnaud B writes: > The thing is that I can not debug the build process, even though I use the > --keep-failed option : I'm not getting a temp build directory > (/tmp/guix-build-...) as I expect : This is so because it fails too early, that is, before it builds. The error is that when using `-f`, guix build _evaluates_ the target file and builds the _result_. See `guix build --help`. The `define-public` does not return a `package`, hence the error. Simply remove the `define-public` and it should work. Alternatively, you can place your file in a folder pointed by GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH, leave the `define-public` and build with `guix build freefilesync --keep-failed`. Don't forget that the declared module must match the path, so if you stick to (gnu packages freefilesync) place the file in $GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH/gnu/packages/freefilesync.scm. > One thing to add is that the downloaded source file is not tar.gz file > format but zip file, perhaps that's part of the problem ? I think you need (native-inputs `(("unzip" ,unzip))) And add the (gnu packages compression) module. A nit: the package name should be lowercase I think. Love the description, haha! :) -- Pierre Neidhardt