Jone writes: > Hello. My question briefly: I want to get a compact base system, but can > not do this by of the dependencies. > > Now for more details: during reconfigure installed a package A. A depend of > B, B depend of C, > C depend of D, .. and all of them I don't need. > Removing package А will probably require a lot of work, but I can change > the dependencies of the package > and rebuild A at next reconfigure. But how to specify it in > system_configuration.scm? > > Such variant: > > (define-public PKG-A > (package (inherit PKG-A)) > (name ... > (version ... > (arguments > #:tests? #f > #:configure-flags LIST-OF-CHANGED-CONFIGURE-OPTIONS > ... > > - probably is wrong? Then maybe so: > > (define B > (package (inherit PKG-A)) > ... > (define-public B) > > In my case, the unfortunate chain of dependencies is: > mariadb <- qtbase <- qtsvg <- python-pyqt <- hplip <- sane-backends <- > colord > and colord supports "--disable-sane" flag. Hello! The 'colord' service allows you to pass a custom package to be used instead of the default. So you can do something along these lines: