Actually bug 32919 matters, it breaks Demlo and all packages that depend on packages that need special compilation flags (e.g. -tags "xyz"). Concretely, say A depends on B and B must be built with "-tags xyz". When packaging B, we produce a pkg. If we try to package A _without the tags flag_, since B is not re-used, Go will rebuild B without the flag which will not produce the desired result. The most obvious workaround is to pass the right flags to A. But if A needs different flags, then we are stuck. Conclusion: we need to update the build system! :D -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/