Hi guix-devel! this is my humble contribution to this discussion... (I'm not a Guix maintainer) first and foremost, IMHO guix-devel is not the place to discuss GNU FSDG criteria; I'm going to subscribe gnu-linux-libre@nongnu.org to send my comments - and I _have_ some - on the FSDG compliance process if you are interested please follow this thread: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2019-02/threads.html#00020 :-D bill-auger writes: [...] > about a year ago, the FSDG review process and criteria for endorsement > of new distros was updated the new FSDG criteria checklist for > community review that was adopted includes the following essential > criteria: > > "Programs commonly known to have freedom issues are liberated or > excluded" > > that criteria is a link to the "software that does not respect the > FSDG" wiki page, for reference, this page: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Template:FSDG_Checklist > which includes an entry for 'chromium-browser' (the > debian package name) with the liberation procedure being specified as: > > "Remove program/package Use GNU IceCat, or equivalent" [...] > it was also agreed upon at that time, that the FSDG criteria should be > applicable to all currently endorsed distros in perpetuity, so ... thank you for the clarification, Bill: you explained us the entire FSDG_Checklist is *mandatory* for a distro to be GNU FSDG compliant; so there's **no discussion** here if Guix System Distribution wants to remain GNU FSDG compliant - as most if not all Guix contributors would like, I suppose - ungoogled-chromium should still not be included in Guix System Distribution so, regarding this bug #28004 the natural resolution should be to *postpone* the inclusion of this package with a statement like this one: "ungoogled-chromium cannot be included in Guix System Distribution since it is listed - as 'chromium-browser' - on the page that is an integral part of the GNU FSDG Guidelines as extended by the FSDG_Checklist via https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Incoming_distros#Endorsement_Process" Happy hacking! :-) Giovanni [1] https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures