Björn Höfling writes: >> 2) Cuirass > > On Guix days, we discussed the idea of using Postgresql as a backend. > Could that also be a task for hacking? > > Chris, have you worked on that? I think I saw you adding some > guile-postgres bindings as a Guix-package. I've been using PostgreSQL from Guile for the Guix Data Service [1] stuff, guile-dbd-postgresql didn't work out, I can't remember exactly why, but I think it could have had something to do with error handling/reporting. Anyway, guile-squee seems to do the trick. 1: https://git.cbaines.net/guix/data-service/ I'm interested in doing some Cuirass stuff, but I'm still a little uncertain about how you might go about that. I think there's probably some easier related tasks though. One thing that I saw related to Sqlite is that the rowid's that Cuirass does use behave differently if there's an INTEGER PRIMARY KEY column in the table [2]. This is important I think, because without this, operations like VACUUM can change the rowid's [3]. I think Cuirass uses rowid's as the identitifers for builds for example, but not in this way. 2: https://www.sqlite.org/draft/lang_createtable.html#rowid 3: https://www.sqlite.org/draft/lang_vacuum.html