Hi, Ludovic Courtès skribis: > Arne Babenhauserheide skribis: Offtopic: I love reading Esperanto here! >> Ludovic Courtès writes: >>> guix environment --ad-hoc jupyter python-ipython python-ipykernel -n >> How exactly did you run the derivation? > If you run the command above, it’ll list > /gnu/store/…-manual-database.drv. So you can just run: > > guix build /gnu/store/…-manual-database.drv > > or: > > guix build /gnu/store/…-manual-database.drv --check > > if it had already been built before. Somehow I can’t get guix to actually run my changed code with this command, so I’m not sure I tested the right thing. What is the clean approach to run the profile.scm from git? >>> On a SSD and with a hot cache, on my 4-core laptop, I get 74s with >>> ‘master’, and 53s with this patch. >> >> I’m using a machine with 6 physical cores, hyperthreading, and an NVMe >> M.2 disk, so it is likely that it would not be disk-bound for me at 4 >> threads. > > The result may be entirely different with a spinning disk. :-) > > I’m not saying we should optimize for spinning disks, just that what you > see is at one end of the spectrum. That’s right, yes. > But anyway, another issue is that we would need to honor > ‘parallel-job-count’, which means using ‘n-par-map’, which doesn’t use > futures. Ouch, yes. That’s an issue … Thank you for bringing it up! Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken