Hey, The Guix Build Coordinator has been around for a while, it's been available in Guix for more than 6 months now. The setup I've been using to test the Guix Build Coordinator for building things for substitutes (guix.cbaines.net) has been running since mid 2020. Anecdotally, the test setup I've been running (guix.cbaines.net) has for a while now, generally had higher percentage substitute availability compared to ci.guix.gnu.org, as reported by guix weather. I think it might also be building more things since cross derivations are built plus i586-gnu builds. I think there are some benefits for using the Guix Build Coordinator to build things for substitutes, and it would be good to work out how to get those benefits to users of Guix generally. More specifically, while the architecture is similar to daemon offloading, there are some practical advantages. Since the switch to Cuirass remote workers for ci.guix.gnu.org, the advantages of building things across multiple machines in a coordinated manor have also become clear. Additionally, there are things that the Guix Build Coordinator enables, like automated retries, with the option to target specific agents, which can help with avoiding issues with non-reproducible failures, as well as helping to avoid issues when mixing QEMU emulated and native builds. Going back to discussions in 2020, I think there was a path for starting to experiment with the Guix Build Coordinator, trying it on a few machines in the berlin build farm, but as I say, this was last year and before any work on implementing similar functionality in Cuirass as far as I'm aware. Since then, I've also got an instance of the Guix Build Coordinator running on bayfront with a couple of extra machines also involved for performing builds, but this is just starting off, and doesn't bring any benefit in terms of substitutes, at least not yet. This is a small part of the wider puzzle, when I was designing the Guix Build Coordinator, it was meant for much more than building things for substitutes, and those things are also happening. The Guix Build Coordinator has enabled things like building packages affected by patches, building fixed output derivations regularly, and will hopefully enable a whole load of quality assurance things. But my hope was also to try and tackle building things for substitutes, such that there's not more software to maintain, and also to inform future work on the guix-daemon itself, like whether it would be good for it to have an asynchronous API, and how that might work. This is a topic I haven't got directly involved in, until now. I'm just a volunteer, in some ways the most involved I am is that I host an idle ARM build machine, I don't have any particular connection in the default approach to substitutes for users, or the hardware currently involved. However, I think some of the stuff I've been working on could be helpful, as I say, I think the Guix Build Coordinator is a step forward in terms of building things for substitutes, and that shows in the substitute availability percentages. Is there still a path to bring some of these benefits to users, and if so, what things need doing? Thanks, Chris