Liliana Marie Prikler writes: > Am Freitag, dem 05.08.2022 um 09:48 +0300 schrieb muradm: >> >> Liliana Marie Prikler writes: >> >> > Am Donnerstag, dem 04.08.2022 um 15:52 +0300 schrieb muradm: >> > > >> > > Liliana Marie Prikler >> > > writes: >> > > >> > > > [...] [L]ooking at the two patches, it appears they are >> > > > to >> > > > be used in combination? >> > > > >> > > No, technically they are not strongly dependent on each >> > > other, >> > > could be applied one after another in no particular order. >> > > After both are applied, in cooperation they address this >> > > issue. >> > This is what I'm saying, albeit in different words.  As far >> > as I >> > understand, neither of these patches really accomplishes >> > anything if >> > not put together.  Thus, you more or less opened three issues >> > to >> > address one. >> Really I don't know what to comment here else. My analysis >> showed >> two independent issues, one is that seatd should have a >> declared >> group so that users of it could join it. This issues is not >> specific to greetd/greeter in any way. Any other greeting >> mechanism >> could fall short on this. > But it is greetd that does, no? If there are other greeting > mechanisms > currently packaged in Guix falling short of this, please do > tell. Point is not that "there are any/others affected", the point is, that seatd is providing and interface, and currently it has a problem, which is wrong permission. >> And second, greeter today required conditional group to >> interact with >> seatd, or it could be any other group like input, usb, modem or >> else >> depending on user setup. >> Solutions are offered accordingly. Third issue, this bug I was >> asked to open. I don't understand, is it a sin to have multiple >> issues, or what is the problem here? > It is not really a problem, but an observation. I personally > think a > single series that has both patches would have been more visible > than > this thing split across three topics for two patches. There is > a small > overhead if you have to consider merges and blocks, even if > debbugs > supports them. This is phylosophical topic, which I suppose is not in the scope. > > Cheers