Mark H Weaver writes: > I just realized, it's not good that the docbook-xsl version number is > hardcoded here. This will break the next time docbook-xsl is updated. > > Does anyone know how to improve this? > > The relevant bit in the package Makefile that is being modified is this: > > DOCBOOK2XMAN=xsltproc --param man.authors.section.enabled 0 /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/manpages/docbook.xsl > > Can we modify this command to avoid giving the full pathname? Or should > we modify our docbook-xsl package to add a symlink that allows us to > omit the version number? > > Mark I just hacked up the following; not sure if it's OK: (let* ((docbook-xsl (assoc-ref inputs "docbook-xsl")) (files (find-files docbook-xsl "^docbook\\.xsl$"))) (find (lambda (file) (string-match "/manpages/docbook\\.xsl$" file)) files)) Updated patch: