I've attached two patches to add more modules to the base-initrd. The first adds the 'hid-generic' and 'hid-apple' modules, which are needed to allow the user's disk encryption passphrase to be entered during early boot on a MacBook 2,1 running Libreboot. 'hid-apple' is needed for the machine's internal keyboard, and 'hid-generic' is needed to support an external USB keyboard on that machine. The second patch adds the 'serpent_generic' and 'wp512' crypto modules, which support the Serpent cipher and Whirlpool digest algorithms. These are needed to mount an encrypted root partition set up with the following command: cryptsetup -v --cipher serpent-xts-plain64 --key-size 512 --hash whirlpool --use-random --verify-passphrase luksFormat This is the command suggested in the documentation recently posted here by Petter , who runs GuixSD on Libreboot machines with fully encrypted disks (including / and /boot), and to my knowledge is the first person to do so. Petter's documentation was used by Albin to install GuixSD with fully encrypted disks on a MacBook 2,1 running Libreboot, but we found that more modules needed to be added to his initrd, hence these patches. Mark