all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Warning: Don't install guile-next!
@ 2016-03-29 16:24 rain1
From: rain1 @ 2016-03-29 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

There is a problem on GuixSD: if you install the guile-next package, log
out, log in again then the 'guix' tool is broken. Crashes with some ELF
read error.

It's really hard to fix because 'guix' is the tool you need to fix it.
(I had to boot into an install CD and manually dig around, deleting
stuff from the gnu store and fixing symlinks).

I think this is related to the shadowing issue raised here
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg01123.html>.

For now just avoid installing it and it cant trash your guix!