Vincent Legoll writes: > The big problem with the abbreviated forms is that they're not easily > googlable, if I knew their long names, I could've found them in online > doc... FYI, one of the best ways to find that information is to look it up in the manual by index or by searching the entire manual for the string. For example, in both the standard Info reader and the Emacs info reader, you can press "i", type ",@" (without quotes), hit enter, and you will magically arrive at the right section. If that doesn't work, you can also do C-s to incrementally search the entire manual for the string in question. This works in any well-written manual authored with GNU Texinfo. For example, if you want to know about the "perror" function from the GNU C Library, just pull up the manual and type "i", then "perror", the hit enter. This is often faster and more accurate than doing an Internet search for the symbols. It's a great feature of any manual written in GNU Texinfo! -- Chris