I have a question related to this, but about a broader issue. On Sat, Apr 15 2017, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > (service openssh-service-type) Is this supposed to be the preferred way to add a service to your operating system? Or, put another way, as a service writer: should I consider a *-service-type to be sufficient to complete the work of creating a service? Looking at various services that we have defined at the moment (according to what is documented), most services have a procedure (ie. *-service), and maybe also a *-service-type. For example, in "Database Services" we have postgresql-service and mysql-service, with no corresponding *-service-type. But then we have redis-service-type without a *-service to go with it. I wonder if we would be better off creating *-service procedures for each *-service-type and documenting them as the canonical way to create services. That way we could handle things like default arguments through the usual scheme mechanisms, rather than our own special case. Carlo