Hello, Danny Milosavljevic skribis: >> I'm afraid this is still not correct. >> >> # guix system init config.scm /mnt/mnt/ >> ... >> config.scm:64:9: error: you may need these modules in the initrd for /dev/nvme0n1p2: shpchp >> hint: Try adding them to the `initrd-modules' field of your `operating-system' declaration, along these lines: >> >> (operating-system >> ;; ... >> (initrd-modules (append (list "shpchp") >> %base-initrd-modules))) >> >> I don't have `shpchp` as a module as I have it compiled into kernel >> directly. Can I somehow disable the check? Exactly what I feared. ;-) > I think it's a good idea to add a command-line switch that disables the check. > > But then people will just disable the check always and it won't improve until > it's correct. It's still a good idea to give people the choice. > > @Ludo: It would also be great to have a command-line switch to check the slow, > correct, way. We'd also have to check modules.builtin of the new system's initrd > - but we'd do it only when the option is passed :) > > I suggest to change it to: > >> # guix system init config.scm /mnt/mnt/ >> ... >> config.scm:64:9: WARNING: you may need these modules in the initrd for /dev/nvme0n1p2: shpchp > ^^^ not error I thought about making it a warning rather than an error back then, but thought that it wouldn’t work well: the warning would immediately go off-screen as build logs start scrolling by. Thus I took the optimistic view that false positives like the one Tomáš experienced should be rare because usually init/reconfigure are used on GuixSD, with a kernel config very close to the target config. Nevertheless, the risk of false-positives obviously exists, hence the need for an escape hatch. What about the attached patch? Thanks, Ludo’.