O my, I'm so sorry, I got terribly confused with all the updates happening and got carried away into thinking that a new version of Emms had been released since 5.0! :/ The changes I was referring to are still on master but there is no new release since 5.0. That 3rd implementation of the mpv backend should answer all your needs regarding the single-process RPC. So now: - Either we upgrade Emms to current master. There is no urgent need for it as far as Guix is concerned. - Or we revert my patch. We can re-apply it later once a new version of Emms has been released. Sorry for the mess! :p -- Pierre Neidhardt Trust everybody, but cut the cards. -- Finlay Peter Dunne, "Mr. Dooley's Philosophy"