Florian Thevissen writes: > Hi, > > I'd very much like to see a recent qtwebengine-based qutebrowser > packaged in guix myself. I understand that in the past there were > concerns about the chromium dependency, as Marius wrote: > > > As for the status of the Chromium patch, following the recent Pale > Moon discussion I no longer think it satisfies FSDG[1] requirements and > will have to take some further steps to properly hide the "Web Store". > > Chromium has now been integrated in guix proper about two weeks ago. > > Is there still anything that might speak against packaging qtwebengine, > and thus let us enjoy an up-to-date qutebrowser? Hello! I don't think there is anything preventing us from packaging QtWebEngine. In fact I have attached a patch that does just that. I haven't fully audited the source yet, but they seem to be doing the Right Thing (scrubbing non-free and otherwise unneeded stuff). Can you try this patch and ideally get something else (Qutebrowser) to use it? Thanks!