Ludovic Courtès writes: > Christopher Baines skribis: > >> So this is something that might have come up in discussion once or >> twice, but I've now got around to actually building a prototype. >> >> You can see it here: http://prototype-guix-weekly-news.cbaines.net/ > > I think this is great! That's good :) > I second the suggestion that Lprndn made: it should be quite easy to > include news entries using ‘channel-news-for-commit’ from (guix > channels). > > I also second the suggestion made by zimoun: recently closed bugs could > be automatically extracted using Guile-Debbugs (for a while I thought > ‘guix pull --news’ could do that but now I think it may create too much > “noise”.) Awesome, I'll have a look at these things soon. > As for the cadence, I don’t have any preference. Weekly could work. We > should make it easy for people to contribute snippets, perhaps via the > web interface and with very lightweight moderation. Yep, with respect to contributing content, it would be good to make it really easy. I was also thinking an IRC bot could maybe be used, so you message it the content, and it somehow makes it appear in the news entry. Thanks for taking a look, Chris