zimoun writes: > To me, the aim is to have something compliant between > /manifest and --manifest. And compliant does not mean that > /manifest is the entry point for the user specifications. > What I find a bit odd is: today, --manifest accepts a DSL and Guix > outputs to /manifest another DSL. Both are restricted tiny > DSL. And from all the recent discussions about manifests and so on, I > find appealing to extend the DSL of --manifest and use a subset to > write /manifest. I do not know. As I see it, /manifest or even a subset of it is not convenient for users to write. If we want to expose a convenient format, I can't see a way around using a new file. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/