Efraim Flashner writes: >> Can you point me to the Guix documentation where the >> functionality you're >> describing is explained? I have read through the description >> of package >> inputs in section 6.2.1 of Guix's manual, but I still do not >> explain what >> advantage patching the search path offers. > > I'm not sure I can find a spot in the manual where it is > detailed. It > comes down to the difference between "search for this program in > PATH" > and "call this program located at this location". By calling the > rg > at it's exact path rg doesn't need to be installed directly. A patch that includes ripgrep as non-propagated inputs is attached. -- Joseph LaFreniere