Ludovic Courtès writes: > More accurately, I think there was no consensus around the proposed > changes. Ricardo and I argued in favor of honoring ‘INSIDE_EMACS’ and > disabling colors when it is set. > > In terms of process, I think it’s a case where we should make sure the > people involved in the discussion can come to an agreement before going > further (info "(guix) Commit Access"). > > WDYT? I believe that all points have been answered and I waited one week as usual. > As I wrote elsewhere, we avoid working around terminal bugs in Guix > itself. In this case, the bugs are in an old VTE version and about to > be fixed in Eshell, both of which are good reasons not to try to paper > over it in Guix. None of the changes that I pushed deal with the terminal bugs or with the Eshell bug. This is a separate issue. > I see reluctance to the proposed changes in > (I > agree with Ricardo’s concerns). I've addressed Ricardo's points: - M-x shell font-locking is not influenced by the colors of the programs being executed. M-x shell supports ANSI colors and it's expected of programs to display colors. - PAGER=cat does not do the job as we discussed later. I believe the changes I pushed are going in the right direction. Please let me know if this introduced a regression. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/