Hi, I CC the list, as we are currently on freeze, but this might require a fix or at least a big explanation somewhere, my bad for not answering soon enough. :-( Marinus Savoritias writes: > Hi, > > The steps that I followed were: > > 1. Use guided installation using full disk with graphical installer > > 2. I selected use entire disk and not a separate /home > > 3. It gave me the warning that its going to format the disk. Testing this I think this warning may be the confusion source. "All data will be lost" doesn't include in this case the old ESP partition (the one in /boot/efi) as that one is not removed when it exists. > [...] I curiously found that the files from the previous installation > of Gentoo were there. Even though the installer said that it formatted > the disk. To clarify this I propose the attached patch. > I was using the default that the guided installation uses. I didn't > change anything there. Probably it's too late to add new options to that list, or a new selection step when the partitioning is guided asking if esp should be kept, as the tests have to be updated too. > At that point as I said I formatted the disk separately to make sure > it was properly formatted this time but the same thing happened. > > The only way I could work around the bug was by selecting the manual > partitioning instead of guided in the graphical installer. I'm throwing a guess here: did you format the root partition but not /boot/efi the second time? Happy hacking! Miguel