On Mon, Sep 27 2021, Lars-Dominik Braun wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I just pushed to the wip-haskell branch (it’s based on master), > which now contains various changes to haskell-build-system as well > as an update to Stackage 18.10 or the latest Hackage package version > where applicable. CI is currently building the changes[1], but from > local building I know all but three packages using haskell-build-system > build. These are ngless, cabal-install and idris. I need your help to > fix them! There are also packages that cannot be updated via `guix > refresh` currently. They have been left mostly untouched. > > I was also thinking about unconditionally adding > --allow-newer/--allow-older to haskell-build-system, so patching > .cabal-files is not necessary any more. Thoughs? > > Let’s use this issue to track/review the changes and provide feedback > on them. Below is a list of questions/things-that-should-be-fixed that I found. * What exacty does the TODO comment for ‘ghc-hsyaml’ mean? The ‘native-inputs’ comment should also be removed if tests aren’t enabled. This applies to ‘ghc-stmonadtrans’ as well * The ‘inputs’ comments for ‘ghc-silently’ should probably be removed. I noticed that a lot of new packages have been auto-generated and added as-is, without checking licenses and fixing descriptions. I have attached a patch that fixes these (I hope I didn’t miss any packages).