Hi, tanguy@bioneland.org writes: > Hi Pierre, > > On 2022-03-31 19:30, Pierre Langlois wrote: >> Tanguy LE CARROUR writes: >>> My `dockerd` service has stopped working weeks (months!?) ago, but I've >>> had no use for it in the meantime, so it was no big deal, until today… >>> […] >> That's strange, I can also see this in my logs from back in April 2021, >> but not since then. >> As a shot in the dark, could you try the attached patch? It's >> something >> I added while looking at updating docker (I need to rebase this series >> and get it committed). It's a bugfix, the patch-paths phase does not run >> withouth it so it could be related to your issues. But for some strange >> reason it's been working for me. >> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52790#1 > > Thanks for the patch! I applied it and successfully built containerd and docker, > but… > I have no clue how to `guix system reconfigure` from my guix repo checkout!? > ^_^' > > Usually, as my regular user, I do `./pre-inst-env guix …`, but in order to run > `guix system reconfigure` I use sudo. > But `sudo ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure config.scm` fails with an ugly: Oh yeah, for this to work you need to use the -E option for sudo: sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure config.scm I believe it's so that the current $GUIX_ENVIRONMENT can be passed to ./pre-inst-env. I see this hack isn't in the manual's contributing section, we should add it! Thanks, Pierre