Hello thank you very much Hubert for your report: errors like the one you found (packages build failures) are bugs, next time please report them to bug-guix@gnu.org; better to close a non-bug than to miss an actual one ;-) As you can see I've now filed a new bug: bug#63551 Thank you also to Vagrant and Denis for the heads up, please submit further comments or patches to 63551@debbugs.gnu.org Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli writes: [...] > There are several approaches here and I've patches for two of them if > needed (I've attached them): > (1) backport some upstream patches: > - There are 2 catch2 updates, they can be squashed into 1 patch > - We also need a patch for fixing unused variables. > (2) Update cpp-mustache: There is an upstream commit > (https://github.com/kainjow/Mustache/commit/4ed8c0b5a2a43d59394bd6900dc04e738dbf8c02) > that change some version string. I've asked upstream if that was > the 5.0.0 release but so far I got no answer. > https://github.com/kainjow/Mustache/issues/65 > > (1) is 0001-gnu-cpp-mustache-fix-build-with-newer-glibc.patch > (2) is 0001-bug-reported-upstream-for-release-info-gnu-cpp-musta.patch > > I didn't share the patches yet because I was waiting on upstream to > clarify the situation with the lack of 5.0.0 tag. Please do not wait for an official upstream "release" (git tag, actually) for cpp-mustache, I guess upstream just forgot to tag it: Guix is full of "not officially" released or properly tagged packages, sources are often taken from carefully selected git commits (I've recently proposed a patch for dia, that is in a very similar situation) Since commit 4ed8c0b is setting version to 5.0.0 and that version works (does it?), I'd go for an "update to 5.0.0" patch My two cents. [...] Happy hacking! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures