Maxim Cournoyer writes: Hello! > Janneke Nieuwenhuizen writes: > >> Liliana Marie Prikler writes: >> >>> Am Dienstag, dem 18.07.2023 um 16:40 +0200 schrieb Janneke >>> Nieuwenhuizen: >>>> * gnu/packages/glib.scm (glib)[arguments]: When building for the >>>> Hurd, >>>> set #:tests? to #false. >> >> [..] >>>> +      #:tests? (not (target-hurd?)) >> >>>> compiled >> >>> Instead of disabling tests altogether, can we just disable those that >>> fail on the Hurd? >> >> We probably can, and I have tried to do so in most cases. However, >> identifying those tests can be quite time consuming. I'm not sure how >> many tests failed here, and note that some tests will hang or crash the >> Hurd, so if we decide to do this, I would appreciate some help :-) >> >> Ludo on the other hand, argued against having more than ~20 (IIRC) test >> exceptions and using #:tests? #f instead. >> >> My idea was to get guix to build natively, and guix pull to work. Once >> we get those to work, we can possibly look forward to more contributors >> to this. > > I agree with Liliana that it's nicer to disable just these tests that > fail, but in light of what you wrote, your approach seems reasonable. Yes, I agree that if we want to make Hurd better and enabble us to create a bug report it sure helps if we have more information. Yesterday I decided to have another look into this. I have identified 20 tests that TIMEOUT after 600s, and 37 FAIL and instead of setting #:tests? to #false, I have added them to the `disable-failing-tests' phase when building on the Hurd. See attached patch. Greetings, Janneke