"Thompson, David" writes: > On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >> In fact there’s a small time window during which “guix environment guix” >> doesn’t provide autoconf et al.: it’s when the ‘guix’ variable in (gnu >> packages package-management) refers to a released tarball instead of a >> Git checkout, since a build from tarball doesn’t depend on autoconf et >> al. How is it possible for this variable to refer to a released tarball in one commit and a git checkout in another? I believe you, but I don't understand how that can happen. >> So if you run “guix environment guix” on a commit different from >> v0.11.0 + 1, you effectively get all the dependencies. >> >> I admit this is a bit confusing. Not sure how to document/improve that. >> >> Ideas? > > How about a public guix-devel package that always builds from the Git repo? > > - Dave That would certainly make it obvious and easy to use. I think it's a good idea. -- Chris