all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Oleg Pykhalov <go.wigust@gmail.com>
To: 28772@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#28772: guix system reconfigure after kernel panic user or group not created
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 08:51:15 +0300	[thread overview]

Hello Guix,

During 'guix system reconfigure' I got a kernel panic.

Getting it quite often while 'guix system reconfigure' at Linux magnolia
4.13.4-gnu #1 SMP 1 x86_64 GNU/Linux.  But it's not a subject of current
report.

After reboot I tried another attempt to make a 'guix system
reconfigure', but because of /etc/group.lock and /etc/passwd.lock
operating-system groups and users fields didn't applied.

I tried to get a creation of adbusers group and add my user to it, but
because of those files I cannot do it, until manually removed them.

So, do we need to check if *.lock files are exist and remove them at the
start of 'guix system reconfigure' OR abort reconfigure and creation of
Grub boot entry OR something else?

Thanks,
Oleg.