Hi Leo, Leo Famulari writes: > Substition is considered to fail when Guix is expecting a substitute but > the server returns 404, 504, or some other unexpected problem occurs. It > is not considered to fail if the server initially reports that no > substitute is available. Thank you for the clarification. This is what I did not understand. I read the manual and got the impression that when --fallback has not been given, if a given substitute cannot be found (regardless of whether or not a substitute server claimed to provide one), then Guix will not build it. I see now that my understanding was mistaken. I've attached a patch which tries to clarify this in the manual. What do you think of it? -- Chris