Hi Guix, sorry: reading at today messages from swdebugia and your comments below I realize that mine was just noise from a packaging-ignorant :-S Julien Lepiller writes: [...] >> https://spin.atomicobject.com/2016/12/16/reproducible-builds-npm-yarn/ >> >> is yarn a viable solution to the NPM packaging problems? [...] > How different is it to build an npm package and a yarn package? no difference > Could you elaborate a bit on your idea? I'm not able: I was mislead by the title of this article I cited https://spin.atomicobject.com/2016/12/16/reproducible-builds-npm-yarn/ "reproducuble builds" and "npm/yarn" seems like an oxymoron to me, now :-) > We can already build packages with our wip node-build-system, as long as > we have build- and run-time dependencies available. The real hard parts > are: sometimes build-tools depend on what they build, there is just too > many dependencies and some packages don't declare a license properly. ACK, now I finally understand the problems [...] thany you for your patience ciao Giovanni -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures