Hi Ricardo, plz could you confirm what did you deleted to make GNOME run again? application_state file or the whole directory? Ricardo Wurmus writes: [...] >> please Ricardo could you attach the relevant debug info? > > I don’t have any debug info other than what I posted. I didn’t look at > the files, but I might be able to recover them from backup. if it's not too much work on your side, this would be *very* helpful to others >> have you seen a related bug report upstream? (this is a seriuos bug, >> isn't it?) > > I haven’t seen any bug reports about this. having the debugging infos we should issue a bugreport upstream, I can help if needed (I do not use GNOME but I could setup a VM to reproduce this bug and report upstream) thank you! Gio P.S.: sorry for the change in the subject line, at first I considered opening a broather "subthread" concerning the (IMHO harmful) statefulnes of gnome-shell and similar user *servicies*... but then I changed my mind -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures